http://fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/2011/08/192-patch-notes-more.htmlNew Fast Travel System
• A new fast travel system has been added to the game. Players can travel between certain LifeNet pods. Activating the Fast Travel System
• Previous Fast Travel destinations (Watchtower, New Flagstaff,
Trader's Flat, Los Alamos, and Shackleton) remain enabled. Players who
already have these destinations unlocked will be able to travel between
them with the new system immediately.
• Other destinations must be activated as players help restock
LifeNet's supplies. Players need to turn in missions at each LifeNet pod
to unlock the ability to use Fast Travel in those pods. How to Use Fast Travel
• Once a destination is unlocked, all you need to do is talk to the
LifeNet Transport Terminal. By talking to the terminal, you will get
Knowedge required to transport to this location.
• The list of destinations has a red "exit" x if you do not qualify
for that desination. You can select that destination for more
information about what you need to enable transportation there.
• The list of destinations has a yellow "conversation" arrow if you
meet the qualifications. Any cost associated with that destination is
also listed. Fast Travel Requirements
• The currently used requirements for Fast Travel are the Knowledge
for each destination, the chip cost, positive Faction for any Faction
towns, and player Level.
• The level requirements are 1 for Sector 1, 15 for Sector 2, 23 for
Sector 3, 35 for Deadfall, 35 for Terminal Woods, and 45 for Sector 4.
• New Flagstaff and Barret Manor have a level requirement of 1 to
allow low level players easier access to player-run events that often
occur in New Flagstaff and Barret Manor. Setting a LifeNet Pod to Home
• You can set any LifeNet pod as your Home position and transport
there with a new item on Reward Point Merchants, the LifeNet Hack:
Return Home. Once you have set a pod as your bind point, you can
transport there at any time by using the LifeNet Hack: Return Home item. Other Changes to Fast Travel
• Fast Travel now costs chips based on your level and the distance traveled.
• Removed the transport cooldown. You can now use Fast Travel as often as you want, provided you have the chips required
• The missions to unlock Fast Travel have been removed. Players who
have already done these missions will still be able to Fast Travel to
the old locations.
• The level restriction to enter Alpha County from the terminal near
The Wall has been removed. These terminals are not attached to the new
Fast Travel system.
• The old LifeNet Collar Hacks have been removed from Reward Point Merchants.